Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Battle of the Underwear


Carlos received a bill today. It was a bill for NOT wearing clean underwear. For some reason, both Carlos and Kervens don't seem to worry much about body odor. Nice for them, but it's one of those battles I'm not giving in on. However, I am wearying - I'm tired of hearing myself ask about clean underwear and deodorant, tired of hearing Karl get on them about their cleanliness, and tired of smelling the stink! I even bought cool looking new underwear last week to motivate him (?!?)
So, along with a couple of other laundry issues I'm getting tired of including sticky gum that gets everywhere and candy wrappers, Carlos is going to be charged an underwear fee. If nagging and reminding don't help, maybe hurting the pocketbook will. For each pair of underwear he is missing in the laundry he will be charged .50 cents. If he is missing underwear two weeks in a row, it will jump to $1.00 per missing pair. I won't ask, nag, or remind him to change his underwear daily. He'll just get a nice little bill each week after I've finished the laundry. Can you tell I'm at my wits end?
Of course if I told him I was writing this, I'm sure he'd be horrified. Hopefully this course of action works...if not, I'll have a weekly posting of daily underwear cleanliness for all to see. Nothing like airing our dirty laundry!
Update 12/23/2008
Carlos used 5 pair of underwear in the last 7 days....big improvement over 3 last week and 1 the week before!! :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

lol. this made me smile. the joys of parenting I have to look forward too, huh? :)