Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Eve


Tumacaccori Mission Front
Originally uploaded by kretyen
Once again we spent a beautiful Christmas Eve at the Luminaria Night at the Tumacacori Mission. It's very old and somewhat crumbling, but it shines in true beauty with all the candles lit in the darkness. Ken was busy taking pictures outside, while the rest of us walked into the church behind a group of carolers. They sang Christ child songs, and when we were inside the sanctuary, the voices echoed beautifully. I have to say it was a truly sacred moment for me. Seeing the gentle light of the candles, the beautiful voices singing of Jesus and being in such an old, old place brought tears to my eyes, and God close to my heart.
Nothing like the truly simple things that make Christmas a true joy.

2 comments:

CatherineK said...

I love those moments -- thanks for sharing, Deborah!

Heather said...

what a beautiful sight!!!