Friday, December 19, 2008

Of a Certain Age


I'm quite belated in posting this....Yes, I am now of a "certain age"! I turned the big 4-0 this fall. Hard to believe that all those years have gone by. My birthday present was a Wii Fit, which has been a lot of fun. On the blurry t.v. screen is my Mii, all suited up for the ski jump. And there I am in a tank top - it was November, believe it or not. We had a warm autumn. I have to say the biggest surprise was how sore I get after playing tennis and doing yoga. I didn't realize how out of shape I am. Walking every day only does so much!
Turning 40 really wasn't that big of a deal, it just seemed unreal. Maybe it's because when my mom turned 40, she had an 18 year old, and my kids are still pretty young. They must help me feel young, although I can't help but wonder when all the stress will catch up with me physically with more wrinkles and gray hair!
My life crises happened at 30 when I was questioning my accomplishments in life and how I wasn't anywhere close to where I hoped and dreamed I'd be. That was before kids, and realizing that raising kids and making a loving home are accomplishments enough. Everything else is just icing.
And life goes on....

2 comments:

Christi said...

Ooooh...a Wii fit. I've been wanting one, but they're terribly hard to find. Maybe Santa will bring me one for Christmas... :)

CatherineK said...

Happy belated birthday, Deb! I'm sorry I missed it -- I'm notorious for that. You're amazing -- looking good, raising a wonderful family, and staying fit!