Monday, June 9, 2008

Girls Rule, Boys Drool


Saturday night coming home from the dog park with Buster, Carlos and Vicki would not settle down. It continued as they got ready for bed, until I really got on them to stop. The first reaction out of Carlos was "Vicki......" I said don't blame your sister, you need to take responsibility for your own behavior. To this, Carlos responded with great emotion and tears - "You think that Vicki rules and I drool? I SLOBBER?" I guess he really takes those playground sayings to heart! I had to pinch myself so I could stop laughing! Later, as I was tucking him in, I talked to him about respecting me and listening and obeying. His response: "But I'm only a KID!!!" Yes, Carlos, you're a kid, but you need to TRY!!! Carlos comes up with the craziest things! I'm really glad he's MY kid!

1 comment:

Ron Houtman said...

It makes you wonder where he comes up with that stuff - doesn't it? Thanks for sending the link to your blog. I'll put it on my reading list. I miss you guys! Ron