Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day, Daddy!


Vicki and Carlos gave Karl handmade Father's Day gifts; I think Karl liked them more than his MP3 player! The twins 2nd grade teachers were absolutely wonderful this past school year, and they made lots of wonderful memories. The teachers made sure that the dad's weren't left out just because school was out, so they had the kids make gifts before the end of the year.
These gifts are little "effigies" with traced hands and feet and drawn heads. Notice Vicki's painted nails, and Carlos' little curl on his forehead!
They also wrote poems. Vicki wrote Kittens Artistic Reading Laughing (acrostic for Karl) and "My dad has a cat it is Sunny". Carlos wrote "Dad, nice, funny, works, runs, welder, makes me nice things" Runs? Carlos said "well, once!" He also wrote "I love you so much. You make me things that are nice. You are the best, Dad." Awww!
By the way, Vicki's little acrostic was prophetic.....more on that next time!!

1 comment:

CatherineK said...

I laughed out loud -- "we'll, once". Happy Father's day Karl!